Coastal Splendor : Best places to visit in Udupi – Beach Edition
Nestled along the mesmerizing coastline of Karnataka’s , read about most enchanting beaches, making it the best places to visit in Udupi District. In this blog post, we’ll guide you through the top 10 beaches in the region, each offering a unique blend of natural beauty, cultural richness, and coastal charm. Let’s embark on a coastal journey and discover the best places to visit in Udupi through its stunning beaches.
- Byndoor Beach, Byndoor: Byndoor Beach offers a tranquil retreat with its pristine shores and gentle waves. The beach is surrounded by lush greenery, and the Byndoor Mahishamardini Temple adds a touch of spirituality to the coastal landscape. Click here for location
- Kaup Beach, Udupi: Kaup Beach, with its historic lighthouse and captivating sunset views, is a photographer’s delight. The centuries-old Kaup Lighthouse stands tall, offering panoramic views of the Arabian Sea. Visitors can also explore the ancient ruins of a fort and the quiet Kapu village nearby.
- Maravanthe Beach, Kundapura: Maravanthe Beach is a picturesque stretch where the Arabian Sea meets the Sauparnika River on one side and the Kodachadri Hills on the other. The scenic drive along NH66, flanked by the river and the sea, is an attraction in itself. Marvel at the breathtaking views and revel in the tranquility of this unique coastal setting.
- Gangoli Beach, Kundapura: For those seeking a peaceful retreat, Gangoli Beach in Kundapura is an idyllic escape. Surrounded by lush greenery and offering serene ocean views, this beach is perfect for a leisurely stroll or a quiet picnic. The nearby Kodi Beach is also worth exploring for its tranquil ambiance.
- Trasi Beach, Byndoor: Trasi Beach in Byndoor is known for its silver sands and clear blue waters. It’s an excellent spot for swimming and water sports. The nearby Ottinene Viewpoint provides a breathtaking panorama of the coastline and is a must-visit for nature enthusiasts.
- Malpe Beach, Udupi: Malpe Beach, a jewel of Udupi, is renowned for its pristine shores and vibrant atmosphere. The golden sands and clear blue waters make it an ideal spot for relaxation and water sports. Take a boat ride to St. Mary’s Island, characterized by unique hexagonal basaltic rocks, and explore the natural beauty of this coastal paradise.
- Kodi Bengre Beach, Udupi: Kodi Bengre Beach is a hidden gem where the Swarna River meets the Arabian Sea. The tranquil backwaters and the rustic charm of the fishing village create a unique coastal experience. Birdwatchers will appreciate the rich avian diversity in the area.
- Mattu Beach, Udupi: Mattu Beach is known for its untouched beauty and serene ambiance. The beach is fringed with palm trees, offering a peaceful retreat for those seeking solitude. The annual Mattu Pongal festival adds a cultural touch to this coastal haven.
- Padukere Beach, Udupi: Padukere Beach is a lesser-known gem with its golden sands and clear waters. The beach is perfect for swimming and beachcombing. The Padukere Sri Durgaparameshwari Temple, overlooking the sea, adds a spiritual dimension to the coastal landscape.
- Padubidri Beach, Udupi: Padubidri Beach, located in close proximity to Udupi, is a serene and less-explored coastal gem. The golden sands and the gentle waves create a peaceful atmosphere for beach lovers. The nearby Padubidri End Point, a popular sunset spot, offers panoramic views of the coastline and is a perfect place to unwind.